Oh yeah! These are a must to any healthy human being! They are fantastic and so easy to make.
I bought myself a dehydrator for not much $$$ on the web, but if your home already has too many of those kitchen gadgets, you can always make them in the oven. It’s such a simple thing to do and it’s so healthy! It’s a “free for all” buffet for people who, like me, are on eternal diet.
That magical leaf is one of the most beneficial foods to your health, so you never can have too much of those greenies. They are like a antioxidants bomb; including quercetin and kaempferol. These antioxidants lower bad cholesterol, fight depression, keep cancer away and so on… the list of benefits from that simple green leaf goes on and on. Google it yourself and you’ll see it’s the “god” of all food. So let’s start our new “Kalegion” with this simple recipe.
Spicy Kale Chips
- Kale (any kind)
- Olive oil
- Chilli pepper powder (I used the Espelette pepper)
- Simply cut the stem from the kale with a knife.
- Wash the leaves and dry them up with paper towel.
- In a bowl, add the kale, a splash (1tbs) of olive oil, the chilli powder of you choice and salt. Mix well.
- Place on the trays of your dehydrator machine to 50°C (120F) for 4-5 hours. Or the lowest of your oven temperature with the door slightly open until crispy.