There’s nothing like a fresh spring salad with goat cheese to bring back the summer. It’s quite a simple and healthy meal, or starter. Salads are an art, I love them, I think I always add a little something different each time. No salad is ever the same – just switching up a type of lettuce adds a new texture or flavour, small changes can make a big difference.
I found that great organic goat cheese at the market and wanted to highlight it, so the the solution I found was… a simple green spring salad. Add strawberries and sunflower seeds for the spring element. The rest is a plain, simple green salad.
The dressing is pretty much always the same in my case, I just change mustard every once in a while and add an element of sweetness like orange juice or maple syrup, in order to cut the vinegar acidity.
Hope you’ll enjoy the freshness!
Spring salad with strawberries & goat cheese
- Lettuce of your choice (better with some crunch to it)
- a few pieces of goat cheese of your choice
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- a few super thin slices of sweet onion
- 4 strawberries
- few sunflower seeds
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml orange juice
- 15ts. wine mustard or whole-grain mustard (the one you like)
- salt and pepper
- Assemble the salad, except the stawberries, cheese and sunflower seeds
- Mix your dressing well
- Pour the dressing on the salad
- Add the strawberries, cheese and sunflower seeds on top