Feeling like having a good bite into your morning?
This is your answer, a simple and fresh morning glory sandwich. They say the most important meal of your day is breakfast… well let’s make it a delicious one. This isn’t exactly a recipe, but rather a simple idea for a different kind of morning bite, or even lunch bite.
Any good breakfast should include an egg, a creamy, perfectly cooked egg is what everyone deserves ahead of a big day. So let’s talk eggs… they are a great source of protein and increase your HDL (good cholesterol) to keep you heart healthy. On top of it all, there are millions of ways to cook them.
In Europe, eggs are stamped with a code, when it’s starts with “0” it means it’s an organic egg, “1” is free-range egg, “2” indoor housing and “3” is for in-cage. I know not everyone has the means, but we should always be grateful for the nice eggs those chicken give us. We owe it to them to buy a “1” at least.
Morning glory sandwich
2 portions, 1 ogre
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs zucchinis, mini cubes
- 1 tbs onion
- tomato slices
- lettuce of your choice
- slice of ham
- Soften the onion + zucchini cubes in a pan with olive oil
- Mix the eggs
- Add salt, pepper
- Bring the pan to high heat
- Add the eggs and shake the pan gently and use a spatula until it looks like “rice pudding”. Let set for one minute
- Turn the omelette
- Add all the ingredients to a nice, healthy and slightly toasted bread, bagel or English muffin.
Enjoy the rest of the day!