This is an addictive meal, a “wake up in the middle of the night for a bite” meal… a “you have more than me” meal. This is a recipe from way back in the days, when I used to sleep over at my friend’s house and her mom knew I was coming. Then she would make me that pasta salad. I could simply not get enough, it looks somehow like a boring and simple pasta salad but there is something in it, like a drug, that makes it addictive. With the years, I transformed it to my taste, I add the feta cheese, and fresh basil leaves and this version I used integral pasta.
The ingredients are the typical “mediterranean” ones, except for the broccoli. The sauce for this pasta salad is simply a good extra-virgin olive oil and that’s it. Also this salad become better the longer it stays in the fridge, all the flavours mix up good then, so it’s one of those few meals that gets better over time. Another plus of this recipe is that once done, you have it for a while, lunch for the kids for example. You’ll see, soon the little friends of your kid will ask you for it, just like I did! So let’s do this simple,healthy and addictive pasta salad.
Oh! and don’t be shy, if you like what you see here, share my recipes by clicking the Yummly “orange button” or any other sharing network buttons located at the bottom of the recipes posts, that would be highly appreciated.
So let’s make that pasta salad!
Mediterranean pasta salad
Makes 6-8 portions
- 500g pasta of your choice
- 2 chickens breast in small cubes
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 broccoli in small pieces
- 1 brick of feta cheese in cubes
- 2tbsp dried basil, thyme mix
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- few fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta, drain and rinse in cold water
- Add the olive oil and half the herb mix
- Sauté at high heat the cubes of chicken, the half of the herb mix in olive oil, until cooked
- Sauté the vegetables, al dente, they should be really crunchy
- Mix the chicken and vegetables into the pasta pot and let it cool
- Once the pasta salad colder, add the feta cubes and basil leaves, salt and pepper
- Leave in the fridge an hour before serving
You’ll see, you’ll make many happy with this simple pasta salad! Enjoy!