This sandwich is an upgrade from my favorite childhood sandwich. The traditional version is made with lots of mayonnaise, this version has barely any. The secret is: a good pickle juice, curry powder and a bit of mayo. Everyone have those leftovers of chicken once in awhile, well this is how you want to use those leftovers for!
Back in my high school time, I had a friend which would always get lunch from home, and I had a card for cafeteria food. Each time she would get her mom’s famous chicken sandwich I would bargain with her to exchange it with one of my meals + an extra dessert and drink… I was such a fan of her mom’s sandwich, it became a automatism, each time she would get it… she would right away exchange it with me at lunch time. That was pretty much every month or so. I loved it so much! So with the years… and a little excess of weight… I’ve created a healthier version of it.
Here it is!
Curry Chicken Sandwich
Makes 2 sandwiches
- your leftovers of chicken (equals here about 1 chicken breasts)
- a few chives, or little shallots
- 1 tbsp of pickle juice
- 1 tsp mayo
- 1 big dill marinated pickle
- 1 tsp curry powder
- tomato slices
- bread of your choice
- Blend in a mixer the chicken, pickle, mayo, curry, salt and pepper and a bit of pickle juice until smooth
- Add more pickle juice or mayonnaise if it’s too thick
- Assemble your sandwich and voilà (shortest directions ever)
Serve with a nice sugar free lemonade (or sparkling water and 5 slices of limes) Enjoy!