Curry powder popcorn is a great way to heat up a bit your popcorn. If you are one of those soft curry lovers, or for a nice Bollywood movie… try those popcorns! You’ll love it.
Since I’ve started doing that a few years back, it became the only way I eat popcorn. There is a little butter in it and salt, as in the traditional popcorn. The only difference is a little of that curry powder, which is a dry mix of ginger, turmeric, fennel seed, cardamom, cloves, etc. some spicier than others. This way you can add just a little butter and the amount of curry powder you’d like. I use just a little butter, since to make it healthier.
Since it’s not a really complex dish but tasty one here is the short and sweet recipe.
Curry powder popcorn
Makes 2 portions
- 50g corn seed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 tbsp of curry powder (or to your taste)
- Add the oil and corn to a cold medium pot
- Start the heat, med-high heat
- Turn constantly the grains until it start popping up (2-3 minutes)
- Cover the pot once the popping starts, and shake once every 5 sec (so that no popcorn get burned)
- In a small pot add the butter, and melt into the microwave (10 seconds)
- When the popcorn stopped popping, add the melted butter, curry powder, salt
- Shake and serve
Serve with a good movie. Enjoy!