So summer is almost here… we’ll need to rehydrate ourselves with all kinds of delicious juices… This watermelon punch is simply an unavoidable one for this summer, it’s so refreshing and the touch of kiwis spice it up a little. This is a sure popular punch, I mean… who doesn’t like watermelon? If you have some brunch or afternoon event to make, this punch is the way to go. You can add a fresh sparkling water next to it, for the ones who likes it bubbly…
I’m writing all this, but the truth is, it’s not really a recipe, it’s mainly a blended watermelon with iced kiwis and a touch of lime and salt. So simple, yet so healthy and tasty!
In my childhood my favorite bubblegum was those big rectangular and soft watermelon and kiwi flavoured ones, well today, as a grown-up, I’ve simply changed the format for a healthier way to consume this ingredients mix… an easy homemade punch. There is no better way to fill up your body with vitamin C and hydrate during those hot summer days to come.
Let’s make that punch ready!
Watermelon punch with iced kiwis
- 1 watermelon
- 2 kiwis sliced
- 1 squeeze of lime
- 2 pinch of salt
- Cut the watermelon into big cubes and keep a good slice for later (decoration)
- Blend the cubes
- Pass through a sieve and a little salt (help the juice to come out and gives flavour) push down the juice with a spoon, until it’s a dry paste
- Repeat until the watermelon is all blended
- Add the sliced kiwis on a baking sheet, without touching, and fold it, leave to freeze in the freezer
- Leave the punch to cool a few hours in the fridge
- Add the lime juice to the punch and the iced kiwis, mix well
- Serve with a piece of watermelon
Serve with an extra sparkling water for those who like it sparkling. Enjoy that summer!