Cauliflower curry couscous is a great side dish, without actual couscous in it. This recipe is all cauliflower and perfect for low carb diet seekers. This white veggie replace couscous, bulgur, rice to perfection without being packed with carbohydrates, it represents 1/10 of white rice carb amount. I’m on this journey to lower my carb intake, I’ve been researching the internet for some nice recipes and tricks to help out. The internet is filled rice, bread, pasta,etc. alternatives and that cauliflower couscous was one of them. I was a bit sceptic at first, but I was more than pleasantly surprised at my first bite. So… if you are looking to cut down on carbs, this is a great way to do so.
I had a simple curry powder and garam masala powder to the couscous to give it an indian flare, inspired by the main dish of the day which was grilled tandoori skewers. Cauliflower is a great alternative to many of those filled with carbohydrates like bread, rice, couscous and much more. In the coming weeks, I’ll be making a bunch of tests with it, and other low carb alternatives, so stay-tuned if you are thinking about lowering your carb intake.
Let’s make this healthy, low carb side dish!
Indian flavored Cauliflower Couscous
Makes about 4 to 6 portions
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder *optional for extra spice
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of butter
- salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into big florets
- Add to a blender and blend until it becomes a couscous texture
- In a big pan, bring to medium-high heat, add the butter
- Add the cauliflower couscous in the pan with the spices, salt and pepper
- Mix, and cook for 3 minutes until slightly colored
- Top with some scallions and serve
Pingback: Tandoori chicken-pineapple skewers