An healthy alternative to chips, you’ll get hooked on those crispy Truffle kale chips. The recipe is a no brainer, wash, season and simply dehydrate kale leaves until dry. If you are looking for a healthy snack, this is a great one, also a good alternative to chips while watching a movie. The trick here is to get a good fresh truffle olive oil and some truffle salt,a touch of pepper and mix well.
Once dehydrated, the kale chips can be preserve for quite a long time, you can it them by themselves or to give some crunch to a salad or even an omelette. In other word, always a nice thing to keep around in the kitchen. If you are more of a spicy lover, then truffle then check this habanero spicy kale chips recipe.
There are 2 ways to dehydrate the leaves:
First: The dehydrator machine, which is great because you are sure the chips won’t burn.
Second: The oven at the lowest temperature, with the door slightly open, which is a great alternative if you don’t have a dehydrator machine.
- 1 big pack of kale
- 2 tbsp of truffle oil
- 2 tsp of truffle salt
In both case the preparation is the same;
- Wash 1 pack of kale leaves
- Take off the thick stem with a knife
- Then pat dry each leaf with a paper towel
- Add about 2 tbsp of truffle olive oil and the salt and pepper and mix well
- Add to the dehydrator grills or on baking paper in the oven
- In the dehydrator, at 60°C (135F) for 3 to 5 hours until crisp, or in the oven at the lowest for 10-15 minutes with the door slightly open, until the corners of the leaves get’s brownish.
So simple, healthy and yummy. Enjoy!