Spicy-Mango Shrimp Skewers are a colorful, tropical and most of all delicious. Spicy and sweet is one of my favorite combination, although it’s a mildly spiced recipe. Those skewers remind me of Caribbean food, especially with the mango and little sprinkle of grated (unsweetened) coconut. You can simply make a bunch of those under 15 minutes, no need to marinate, on the BBQ or the oven, so simple to make. The solely added ingredients, other than the obvious ones, are a spicy paprika or any hot pepper powder you prefer and coconut shreds. If you don’t want to let go of summer, this is the way, it will warm you right up.
This dish can be serve as an appetizer or main meal, it’s light, fresh and filled with vitamins, in other words, a healthy dish. You also could make smaller version of skewers for a hors d’oeuvre style dinner or tapas night. I’ve added the skewers on a bed of the grated coconut for presentation, so the guest can choose the ones on top if he doesn’t like the coconut factor. Anyhow… it’s a happy, light and punchy in flavors and colors crowd pleaser.
Spicy-Mango Shrimp Skewers
- a few medium sized shrimps
- 1 mango
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- spicy paprika
- grated coconut
- salt and pepper
- If you use wooden sticks soak them in water, to prevent them from burning
- Cut all the ingredients into small pieces, unfreeze the shrimp in cold water
- Makes the skewers
- Sprinkle with the paprika to taste, salt and pepper
- Cook at 200°C (400F) for about 10 minutes (depending on the size of your shrimps, until firm) in the oven or on the BBQ (less time in the BBQ)
- Serve with a sprinkle of grated coconut
Serve as a main meal on rice or appetizers on coconut shreds. So simple and tasty. Enjoy!
This is my style of food. Skewers are such a great way to eat seafood.
I agree! Thanks
WOW! These look so easy to make and healthy!
These skewers look awesome!!