A detox rainbow soup bowl filled with colorful veggies, an hard boiled egg and a few noodles swimming in a fuming hot turkey leftovers broth. Simple, healthy and yummy!
Detox Rainbow Soup is a great way to give a break to our stomach. The idea here is mainly to eat a big bowl of soup filled with vitamins and easy on the stomach. I’ve used udon noodles but it could be a rice noodle (Banh pho), ramen or any noodles.
It may look Asian but it’s a simple to the core soup! You can use the holidays leftovers of turkey to make your own homemade broth and some veggies left in your fridge. I’ve used a mix of red cabbage, carrot, scallions, zucchini and pepper. None of the veggies are pre cooked, this way they keep all their vitamins intact and give a nice crunchy bite to the soup. Make sure to warm up you bowl before adding the ingredients in there to make sure it keeps its warmth.
Detox soup never been so fun!
Nobody like to detox, but when you see this rainbow soup filled with happy colors, you will no other choice then to have fun at detoxing! An upgraded minestrone, let’s say… made with tons of healthy veggies! It can also be adapted to your own taste or whatever is left in your fridge.
So let’s make this Detox Rainbow Soup!
Rainbow Holiday Detox Soup
- 1 l turkey stock (or chicken)
- 200 g udon noodles (any noodles)
- 1 carrot (cut with cheese grater)
- 100 g red cabbage
- 1 egg
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 scallion
- salt and pepper
- Cook the egg for 10 minutes in barely simmering water
- Cut all the veggies
- Pre cook al dente the noodles in boiling water, drain and pass under cold water (this will make them hold better in the warm soup afterwards)
- Bring the broth to a boil
- Add the noodles for 1 minutes to heat them up again
- Add the noodles, in the bottom of pre warmed bowls, the vegetables, egg and finally the broth
- Add a bit of fish sauce, soy sauce or salt and pepper