A Spanish Style Salmon fillet on a bed of quinoa and green asparagus topped with a nutty Romesco Sauce is great way to bring a little Mediterranean sun to your plate.
Salmon Fillet on green Asparagus and Quinoa Bed topped with Romesco Sauce the perfect set of Spanish flavors. This gorgeous orange sauce is a rich, slightly nutty and ultra healthy one. This recipe is suitable for the BBQ or the oven both methods are in the directions below.
The idea here was to showcase the Romesco sauce and asparagus together. It could have been a piece of chicken, red meat on top or nothing at all and it would be as delicious. Romesco is Spanish sauce consisting of roasted tomatoes, pepper pulp, paprika and roasted nuts (almonds and hazelnuts) blended with a touch of olive oil and vinegar. Frankly this orange thick sauce bring any grilled meat to another level, plus the nutty touch is simply divine with asparagus. It goes without saying that it’s by far healthier than ketchup or BBQ sauce. So if you want to give your next Salmon fillet a nice sunny touch, go for the Romesco sauce!
Let’s start this grilling season with a Spanish twist!
Salmon Fillet on Quinoa and Asparagus bed topped with a Romesco Sauce
Makes 2 portions
- 2 pieces of salmon
- 20 green asparagus
- Romesco sauce (check recipe here)
- 200g white quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the salmon, drizzle with olive oil
- Cook the salmon for 20 minutes at 180°C (350F) or on the BBQ for about 10 minutes depending on the thickness
- Cook the quinoa as instructed with a pinch of salt and a laurel leave
- Add the asparagus in the oven 5-7 minutes before the end of the cooking of the salmon or on the grill for 2-3 minutes
- Assemble with a drizzle of romesco sauce