guac-coleslaw with cilantro (no mayo) is a perfect Mashup between classical creamy coleslaw and Mexican beloved guacamole, with fresh cilantro, apple and lime.
Super fast and easy recipe to make in the food processor, plus ultra healthy. This guac-coleslaw with cilantro side dish is perfect for anything grilled on the BBQ! The recipe is basically a standard coleslaw with a little extra fresh cilantro/coriander, lime and creamy avocado. So simple!
To mayo or not to mayo a coleslaw?
Well everyone likes a creamy mayo coleslaw… but your heart not so much. This Coleslaw mix got none of the saturated fat from the mayo. Only the ‘good type of fat’ from the avocados, which is recommended to lower your LDL or bad cholesterol. This avocado dressing is a great alternative to the classic mayo coleslaw plus it’s got this sunny Mexican flavour added to it. How could you resist? Forget about this old outdated version of coleslaw and make this version your new sidekick for this year BBQ season.
*Alternative for the cilantro/coriander would be to replace it by some fresh basil leaves!
THE BEST GUAC-COLESLAW WITH CILANTRO (NO MAYO)
- 1 small white cabbage or half a big one
- 3 carrots
- 1 spring white onion
- 1 peeled apple
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 2 limes or 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- a hand fresh cilantro/coriander finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar/honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- In a food processor grate all the ingredients above (not the dressing ones)
- Blend the dressing ingredients together until smooth
- Mix everything in a large bowl
- Cover and let marinate for minimum 2 hours before serving