Great way to use your leftovers of watermelon, a quench thirst punch! Try this sunny Watermelon punch with iced kiwis for rehydrating this summer by the pool!
So summer is almost here… we’ll need to rehydrate ourselves with delicious juices… This watermelon punch is unavoidable for the summer, but I’ve pimped it up with iced-up kiwis and lime. This punch is the way to go if you have a brunch, pool event, or BBQ. You can add fresh sparkling water next to it for the ones who like theirs with bubbles…
In my childhood, my favourite bubblegum was those big soft rectangular watermelon and kiwi flavoured ones. Today, as a grown-up, I find healthier ways to mix those two ingredients. These fruits are a great way to fill your body with vitamin C and hydrate during those hot summer days. I’ve frozen the kiwi pieces to serve as ice cubes and make the punch more fruity. Also, the two colours look great together.
I haven’t used any ice cubes but go ahead if you want to keep it extra cold. The frozen kiwis will keep it cool too. As for the party people, you can make a nice cocktail with a touch of rum or vodka! So simple, and everyone’s happy by the pool this summer.
For the kids, add a piece watermelon piece to the drink! Making it a perfect coming-back-from-school snack!
Other Watermelon Recipe Ideas
Watermelon Punch with Iced Kiwis
- 1/2 watermelon
- 2 kiwis
- 1 lime
- 2 pinch salt
- Cut the watermelon into big cubes and keep a few good slices for decorating the glasses.
- Blend the cubes.
- Pass through a meshed sieve and add the salt; push down the juice with a spoon until it’s a dry paste.
- Repeat until the watermelon is all blended.
- Add the sliced kiwis on a baking sheet, fold it over the fruits, and leave it in the freezer for an hour.
- Leave the punch to cool a few hours in the fridge.
- Mix the punch well with the lime juice and the iced kiwis.
- Serve with a piece of watermelon.