Avocado Club Sandwich is a no-brainer, the traditional three-layered toasted sandwich with the usual chicken, lettuce, tomato and mayo with extra creamy avocado and slightly cooked cured ham instead of bacon.
A twist on the classic Club sandwich, the famous deli favourite from North America. The traditional Club Sandwich has three levels of toasted white bread, chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. This Avocado Club Sandwich version is made by replacing the bacon with a leaner cured ham that is slightly cooked, just enough to make it ultra crispy. Plus, an extra layer of beloved avocado for colour and smoothness is served in whole grain toasted bread, but this is up to you.
The Chicken Layer
The chicken slices are replaced by a creamy chicken salad mix blended with a touch of mayonnaise, sweet mustard and dill pickle juice (brine) until smooth and extra yummy! An extra half a pickle could also replace this dill pickle brine. Be careful not to use the vinegar or sweet type but the dill brine ones. Trust me on this! Fantastic stuff!
Best of the Best
This sandwich is an excellent ensemble of textures, colour and taste; no wonder why it’s the most beloved in North America. It was already a winning combination, and now it’s even smoother, tastier and crunchier than before! Waitresses can keep their mayonnaise cups away with this version; the avocado will bring in all the unctuous the sandwich needs! And no more impossible-to-chew bacon bite… this version is crispy and trouble-free with slightly cooked cured ham!
To Serve with
Traditionally the Club Sandwich is served with Coleslaw, fries and/or potato salad. There are no wrong sides to a sandwich, but frankly, being a three-layered, complete and big sandwich, a simple coleslaw would be right on! Check this avocado coleslaw out for a perfect side!
Other Fun Sandwiches
So let’s make this creamy yet crunchy sandwich for lunch!
Avocado Club Sandwich
- 6 slices of whole wheat square bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 4 slices cured ham (slightly cooked in pan)
The Chicken Salad
- 1 pre-coocked chicken breast (or leftovers)
- ½ big dill pickle
- 3 tbsp dill pickles brine
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp honey mustard
- salt and pepper
- Add all the pre-cooked chicken salad ingredients to the blender, blend until smooth, and add more pickle juice if too dry.
- In a non-stick pan, add the cured ham slices (prosciutto, serrano) and let it cook until crunchy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Toast the whole grain bread.
- Assemble the sandwiches with three layers of toasted bread, avocado, tomato, lettuce, cured ham and chicken salad mix and cut in triangles.