High Protein Bowl is filled with healthy, colourful and fulfilling ingredients like turmeric and paprika chicken breast, spinach, grilled halloumi, dill bean salad, fresh cucumbers and rye bread, perfect to get fuel all day!
High Protein Bowl is a low-carb but super protein-filled dish loaded with colours, textures and flavours. If you try to stay away from carbs but need to power all-day kind of meat; this is it! The perfect lunch to give you a whole lot of lasting energy. This bowl is more of a Modern type of dish, with a bit of everything to make a jump in textures, temperature, and taste, which is fun and yummy!
Turmeric is the new “hit” spice; it’s everywhere nowadays; lattes, energy shots, smoothies, marinades, rice, potatoes, etc. Although, its flavour is super mild, it’s got a whole lot of health benefits attached to it, for example; anti-inflammation, anti-oxidant, anti-cancer, helps digestive and liver function and much more (Check this link for a complete look). Basically, if you want to hit 300 years old… eat turmeric!
This mix of turmeric and paprika is a simple, light flavour they use a lot in the Middle East for chicken but generally more in stews or couscous. But the spice combines ideally and helps Turmeric become super beneficial as the humble black pepper, an American study is currently showing the dynamic between those two ingredients is the perfect combo to fight Arthritis and restore kidney functions (Check the study here).
The Different Sides
Spinach + Lime = Perfect Combo
The other sides are a simple vapour-cooked spinach for some greens, super healthy when you eat with a squeeze of lime. This study showed that pairing spinach or any deep green leaves with vitamin C (lemon, lime, orange) helps to break down the spinach’s iron and make it more easily absorbed by the body.
The Other Sides
The white bean salad is made ‘salad style’ with a dressing, fresh dill, and red pepper. As for the cucumbers, they are to bring this fresh bite to the bowl. The grilled halloumi because don’t we like cheese in our bowls? Again bringing in proteins and a salty touch.
To finish the High Protein Bowl a Rye bread slice to pick up the juice leftover at the bottom.
You could always add a lovely quinoa in there, or a simple beetroot salad. This dish is highly customizable! You are the chef!
Other Fun Bowls
High Protein Bowl
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika (or smoky paprika)
- salt and pepper
The Other Sides
- 300 g Halloumi cheese (in slices)
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 1 cucumber (diced)
- 2 slices rye bread (*optional)
The White Bean Salad
- 300 g pre-cooked white beans
- ½ red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Start by making the chicken breast by adding the olive oil, turmeric powder, paprika, salt and pepper and rubbing the chicken.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C (350F°) for 25 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the white bean salad ingredients and let marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grill the halloumi cheese into a nonstick pan on each side until brown.
- Cook the spinach in a Bain-Marie (vapour) with some salt and pepper.
- Assemble the bowl with all the elements, add a wedge of lime or lemon to squeeze on the spinach.