Blood Orange Salmon with Pistachio Crust is an extra fun and colourful dish. A tangy yet crunchy dose of sun and omega-3.
Pistachios are my favourite nuts, simply divine! Plus, they give any dish a nice crunch and colour. As for the side kick to the pistachio; a juicy orange which brings a touch of sun to the dish. I’ve used a blood orange, a special Spanish variety from Valencia which is incredible but any type of orange would do. Salmon with Pistachio Crust is a dinner made in under 30 minutes and contains just 5 ingredients, making it a star dish for any house chef.
The salmon for this particular recipe is cooked solely in the oven with a short broil at the end of cooking to brown up the top and caramelize the sugars from the orange. The orange will lose most of its juice through the salmon and then caramelized lightly the top at the end of cooking. I’ve added the crushed pistachio after the cooking process since there are already roasted nuts. The colour and flavour of this dish will bring you right back to the sun.
The sides are nicely caramelized carrots and rice vermicelli with a touch of olive oil, to keep the dish “Mediterranean”. It’s a simple, easy and healthy dish filled with flavours and crunch!
Other Salmon Recipe Ideas
- SALMON CARPACCIO WITH FENNEL – PEAR 2 WAYS
- SALMON & GRILLED ASPARAGUS WITH ROMESCO SAUCE
- Air Fryer Maple Salmon
So let’s make this sunny salmon!
Blood Orange Salmon with Pistachio Crust
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 1 blood orange
- 50 g pistachio
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Drizzle the fillet with olive oil, salt and pepper, and top with thin slices of blood orange.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C (350F) for 13 minutes and to broil in the last minute.
- Crush the pistachios in a mortar or blender (rapidly not to make it too finely).
- When the salmon is done, top with crunched pistachios.